Saturday, September 1, 2012

CellCept Day Two!

I saw the new rheumatologist and he put me on cellcept.  I'm taking 500mg twice a day.  Today is the second day.  The first day I felt a bit flushed and preoccupied, maybe even a bit tired, but today was much much better.

I have a really good feeling about this medication.  Since it works at the cellular level and is a chemo drug, one they use to suppress the immune system in transplant patients so that your body doesn't reject a new organ., I think that it might be a really good match for me since my ANA labs the last year and a half the labs have been unable to quantify the ANA due to immune complexing issues. 

I like the doctor alot, he is Dr. Trent Smith, Banner Health, Phoenix AZ.  He wears the cutest bow tie, has a nice personality, pays attention (listens) and seems genuine and straightforward.  I feel I am in good hands and I feel I can stop fretting and worrying about my care. 

Cellcept Day Two: No hair loss.  No tiredness or fatigue.  No headache.  No side effects at all.  Fantastic!  I'm stoked!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi ma'am I would likely wanted to ask you if these service can also track diseases like neuropathy feet? Because I think my grandpa has neuropathy signs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Grandpa can see a neurologist and have what's called a nerve study done. This will determine if he has peripheral neuropathy in his feet. There are many medications that can help with that pain. Foot care is also important as with neuropathy there can be numbness and he may not notice injury to his feet. Love Julie

    ReplyDelete