Sunday, September 16, 2012

Shana Tova u'Metuka

Shana Tova u'Metuka – a good, sweet new year." To ALL! May your year be a prosperous and happy one!

On the lupus front:  Almost 3 weeks into CellCept and I'm doing good.  Some stomach issues, and I'm taking laxatives to help.  Getting nose and mouth sores but they aren't getting worse, just healing and none have turned into lesions or ulcers.  That is a plus.  My energy level is improved.  I have not had any more instances of bursitis in my hips.  Neuropathy pain has been minimized and I have not had a TN attack.

My cervical problems are increasing, pain in the neck they are!  Besides the OA and the damage to connective tissue, I've noticed that early mornings I am stiffer longer and my neck and head are held in a sideways position, as range of motion increases throughout the morning, I straighten up.  I have had the telltale twitch under my left eye of the TN attack and hemofacial spasms but they haven't progressed to anything more than that.  I still fret that although I think I am very good hands for the lupus, my cervical spine is worsening and I'll end up sideways with cervical dystonia if I'm not managed more aggressively.

This New Year will come with new treatments and new developments.  I hope to hear about an SSDI hearing date soon.

For anyone who is reading my blog, thank you and I wish you a sweet New Year.  It is Rosh Hashana, a time of reflecting about our relationship with God and Earth, and atonement, who shall live and who shall die, who shall prosper and who shall be impoverished and who shall be enriched.  For anyone listening, have an apple and sweet honey to celebrate our New Year.

Thank you, Julie
 

No comments:

Post a Comment