Tuesday, November 27, 2012

I only like to go to the doc when I'm NOT sick

What's up with that?  An epiphany happened to me just now.  I found myself writing my close lupus friends online and asking if THEY thought I needed to call my doctor.  Had black stools this morning and haven't changed food or meds or taken iron.  Just feeling a slight discomfort and I definitely don't want to start stomach tests in the middle of this neck and spine fiasco.  Right?

And then I thought, I do this every time something serious comes up.  The trigeminal neuralgia attacks, the TIA, the ulceric lesion, the plantar fasciitis so bad I couldn't walk.  In retrospect it seems I don't want to go to the doctor unless we already have something established in relation to the problem.  I wonder if it's a trust issue or just a lazy issue.  I usually make it to tests and labs and follow ups without a problem.  Perhaps it's just denial that I have yet another health issue.  Truth is I've been ignoring my stomach issues a very long time now.  Maybe this is my body's way of fighting back, lol.  I've been living on promethazine for over three years, for nausea after eating, and I go through about 30 pills a month so I suppose that could be considered an issue.  Once again I've complicated the issue since I had gastric bypass surgery in 2004 and just chalked it all up to what is calling dumping syndrome.

Maybe I'll call and at least get an appointment with my GP for next week.  Oh Poo!  No pun intended!

Do any of you ignore the doc when your sick?  WHY do we do that?

No comments:

Post a Comment