Thursday, December 6, 2012

Neurosurgeon Gestapo

Why oh why do patients have to feel like criminals when they are the ones that are sick?  My Gosh....I wouldn't wish that experience on anyone.

Well today I got off my sorry butt and wrote a letter to my GP and neurologist about this kuckoo old koot neurosurgeon and his irrelevant questioning and absolutely provided no information on my condition, and that I want his recommendation and opinions expunged from my medical records.  Then I found the owner of the neurosurgery group he belongs to and wrote THEM and the medical board and the office managers about him.  What a crock of bullshit.  I'm sure he was motivated by looking for reasons to dismiss me because he's obviously not competent to do surgery on ANYONE.  He asked me my name 22 times during the spanish inquisition he subjected me to.  He did not discuss my MRI results or my condition at all.  His name is Dr. Lewis Brown, neurosurgeon, Phx, AZ.  Do not see him.  Run for the hills if you are referred to this guy.  I should have listened to the online reviews at healthgrades and all those places.  There are horror stories just like mine there.

So now I can say "that's that" and my neurologist can find me a new neurosurgeon.

Been having such a rough time with health and doctors.  I don't know if I should scream or cry.
I spent last week with enormous hip and lower back pain.  Sacrilitis is what was determined and I likely have anklylosing spondlyosis.  My grandmother had it.  Last week I had uveitis in both eyes.  The pelvic pain has let up but I was so bad for a few days I could hardly walk.  Boy did I need my pain pills.  I'm being sent for xrays and can't get in to see my rheumy till end of Jan.  They returned my phone calls but did nothing that made any sense. 


On the only bright side, my GP Bahkta was so caring and empathetic I almost didn't even recognize it!  He asked me if muscle relaxers might help.  They might.  He didn't question me or make me feel stupid.  He respected me and cared about me like a good doctor should.  Thank goodness for doctors like him.  They trump the idiots, don't they? 

So I've more tests to go take on the ankolyosing spondlyosis (sp-sorry)  I'll keep you updated.  The pain was incredible and I'm thankful for pain meds.  I'm not happy about this condition...and have a bad feeling about it.  Confusing how it comes and goes, but each time is worse than the time before.

Don't settle for incompetent doctors.  They are not worth your time.  

No comments:

Post a Comment