Monday, August 13, 2012

I eat enough pills to be FULL!

 This is a whine.  Every darn morning and afternoon and night I have to take the pills and need food with them.  Might not sound like a lot to you, but 24 pills a day (remember lupus is SYSTEMIC) but it's a real pain in the ass.  I'm organized, oh yeah, I have a vitamin thingy storage bin to take them from, but still it's a huge chore.


I'm tired of it.  In addition to the 24 meds are the vitamins and supplements.  It's just too hard.  I've always been good about it but the sick of it feeling is cumulative.  I'd like to chuck em ALL.

I can't though.  Have to truck on.  I will not have my family think I didn't do everything humanly possible to be in decent health.  Wish there was a better way... I don't know how my lupie friends do it day after day!

To catch up with my health...It was likely I had a tia a month ago, there is a small blockage in my right carotid artery and my MRI shows an abnormal occipital structure, whatever that means.  I missed my cardiologist appt and have to reschedule.  Bad move.  I see an opthamologist next week for my retinopathy and plaquenil check up.  I go back to the neurologist after I make my cardiologist appt.  I had a nerve block in my feet that did not work on the compression under my fourth toe right foot that feels like someone is lighting a match under it over and over 24/7.  I have blood vessel inflammation and pain in the occipital nerve that gives me a headache and puts me off balance.  Gives me weird feelings in my head.  I don't like it.  The other day my neck hurt so bad I couldn't turn it and when I went too far to the left it felt like it would snap off.  My cervical spine is much worse and I need to see an orthopedic surgeon.  I guess...  Too much.  It's just too much somedays.

1 comment:

  1. dear sweet julie, i for one am very grateful to you for creating this blog (and your other treasures)
    you give me courage.
    many blessings,
    janice

    ReplyDelete