Wednesday, January 30, 2013

My E E G was B A D and more

I'm scheduled for anterior fusion surgery Feb 22nd, 2013.  I'm looking forward to having my neck fixed.  I can't help feel that when the mechanical issues are fixed, the herniations and the severely compressed cervical spine that I will have less inflammation in the area.  That might mean less attacks of trigeminal neuralgia, less attacks of occipital neuralgia and less pain and symptoms like the carpal in my right hand, the incontinence and the balance issues.  I think it is a good surgery.  I'm grateful to the surgeon.

The back of my neck was feeling funny and low and behold..it's a discoid rash!  A perfect 0!  Here's a .pic.


Also I was given orthotic devices for my carpal tunnel, tarpal and ulnar and perenal.  Above are some pics of those.

The new shockers:  After seeing my neurologist and being told about my abnormal EEG and brain damage and seizure disorder it was difficult to tell my husband.  It's one thing to suspect it, it's another thing to admit it and see it in writing and hear it from your doctor.  I videotaped myself and caught several jerky moments I'm pretty sure were small seizures.  It explains the chipped teeth and bite on my tongue.  I will continue to do  word games and neurophysical exercises to stay sharp.  I'm already on anti-seizure medication.  I take tegretol for my trigeminal neuralgia.
The system wide nerve entrapment syndrome.  I mean WHAT WHAT WHAT?  I'm wearing the orthotics as needed.  I have good days and bad days..I need to try harder to identify the triggers so I have more good days.  Ideas anyone?

Thanks for reading!  HUGS, Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment